It’s the time of year when you start receiving lots of invitations to networking events. The process can be overwhelming for some, so here a few tips to help conquer your networking nerves;
1. Try to relax and be yourself! Networking doesn't need to be all business, enjoy meeting new people.
2.Be genuine, this helps you to develop good relationships.
3. Interact with others and exchange information which will help you develop your professional or social contacts.
4. Networking can be as simple as introducing yourself to someone who has a similar business to yours or who might know someone who can help your business.
5. Always remember to take your business cards!
6. Most people network to gain value for either their personal brand or business - have a think about how networking can best benefit you.
7. There’s tremendous value and a sense of meaning with simply knowing more people in your community and helping them reach their goals. Networking will help you build confidence in achieving your business goals.Back